Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Planking: How could I have missed this brilliant meme?

Andy Goldsworthy Is Apparently a Planker.
Planking. And I quote Wikipedia, which as we all know, is the font of all wisdom:

"Planking" (or the "Lying Down Game") is an activity consisting of lying face down in an unusual or incongruous location. The hands must touch the sides of the body and having a photograph of the participant taken and posted on the internet is an integral part of the game. Players compete to find the most unusual and original location in which to play. The term planking refers to mimicking a wooden plank. Rigidity of the body must be maintained to constitute good planking.
I have found a new career path. I shall henceforth devote myself entirely to planking, and all shall kneel at the sheer AWESOMENESS of my ability to lie down on things and remain immobile.

[Kate here.  Wow! Who knew what I was on to when I invented the "Lichen" game with the kids.  You lie on the ground, and the first one to move ("drop spores") loses.  Who doesn't love a game involving the word "spores"?]

[Steven here. Eww. And again, I say, "Eww." Next you'll be telling me they're playing "Fish Family," per Auntie Mame.]

[Kate here again.  FISH FAMILY!!  I forgot about that!  HAHAHAHA!]

No comments:

Post a Comment